We value the trust that you place in us by sharing your personal data with us. ASICS takes your privacy seriously and is committed to handling your personal data in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust. ASICS will comply with applicable data protection laws and take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
What personal data do we collect?
The types of personal data we collect may include:
- your name, address and contact details, such as your telephone number and e-mail address
- your age and date of birth
- your gender
- your purchase details, such as the amount and date of your purchase
- your bank account number
- information in relation to your membership of one of our customer programs, such as the start date of your membership, duration of your membership, membership number and your contribution
- any other relevant personal data which you have shared with us, such as your preferences and interests
If you are under 16 years of age, we also collect the contact details of your parents or legal guardians.
We may also collect personal data in relation to your physique, condition, training schedule or sports performance. This personal data may reveal information about your health. The type of personal data we collect may include:
- your foot and clothes size and other personal measurement information, such as weight, height, heart rate, blood pressure, fat percentage, BMI, strength and endurance
- the running events that you partake and your track results
- your current running shoe and which running type you are (underpronating, overpronating or neutral)
- your training data, such as running surface, distance, frequency, race time, running route, type of training, training schedule, training history, running experience and diet
- location data that shows your geographical position
- any other relevant personal data which you have shared with us, such as reason for running, your photo and injuries suffered
To the extent the processing of this type of information is reasonably necessary to address your request (e.g. you subscribe to a service or enter your personal data to receive the service) your consent to such processing is implied.
When you visit one of our websites, we automatically collect certain technical data such as the type of computer operating system (e.g., Windows or Mac OS) and browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer) being used, your internet service provider, your IP address or, when appropriate, the address of the page that led you to visiting our website.
How we collect personal data
ASICS may obtain your personal data in a number of ways, for example when you create a MY ASICS account, when you subscribe to a newsletter, when you complete an event registration form or if you participate in one of our physical tests or measurements.
We also may obtain your personal data from one of our partners. For example when you register for the service of such partner and you agree that they may share your personal data with ASICS. If you do not want us to use personal data obtained from our partners, you can let us know by contacting us at the address listed below.
What we do with your personal data
ASICS obtains and uses your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide our services to you and to communicate with you in connection with these services
- to register you for and in connection with our events and membership programs, such as clubs and clinics
- to activate and maintain your my ASICS account
- to register you for and send you newsletters
- to – based on your preferences and interests
– suggest and provide you information about products or services (including those of relevant third parties)
- to conduct research and help us develop better products, services and offerings, to provide more responsive customer service and to improve the design and content our websites
- to process your enquiries received via our websites
- to improve the design and content of the websites
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations
- any other purpose indicated at the time you voluntarily provide your personal data
ASICS may from time to time use your personal data to send you automated email messages or marketing materials regarding our products and services and the products or services of third party suppliers, in each case only with your prior consent or when you are an existing customer and the email message concerns similar products or services. These email messages may contain features that help us ensure that you received the message and were able to open the message.
You may opt out of receiving such marketing email messages at any time, free of charge by following the instructions in any marketing communication. You can also control these preferences in your profile settings.
Tests and measurements
At your request ASICS may measure or test your physique, strength, motion and endurance (e.g. through our 3D foot shape measurement, leg alignment measurement, body composition measurement, leg strength test, running form test and aerobic test). Together with other information you have provided to us, we analyse the results of these tests and measurements to advise you, for example on how to improve your running ability, boost your performance or what shoes or clothing are most suitable for you.
Disclosing your personal data
As a general rule, we do not share your personal data with anyone outside ASICS. However, we may share your personal data with trusted third parties that perform business functions (e.g. hosting of our websites, analyzing data or performing audits) or provide services on our behalf (e.g. support services). All such third parties will be required to adequately safeguard your personal data and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
(International) transfers of your personal data
ASICS may transfer and process any personal data you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area whose laws may not afford the same level of protection to your personal data. ASICS will therefore ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfer.
Cookies and tracking software
Our websites contain links to third-party websites; if you follow these links, you will exit our websites. While these third-party websites are selected with care, ASICS cannot accept liability for the use of your personal data by these organizations. For more information, please consult the privacy statement of the website you are visiting (if such a statement is provided).
Security and retention period
ASICS will ensure that your personal data are properly secured, so that they are protected against unauthorised use, unauthorised access and wrongful destruction. Your personal data will be retained for as long as required for the above purposes or in so far as such is necessary for compliance with statutory obligations and for solving any disputes.
Access and correction rights
You can request access to, and have the opportunity to update and amend your personal data, and you can exercise any other rights you enjoy under applicable data protection laws, including, for example, objection to the processing of your personal data, by contacting the Digital Communications team at email@example.com. For security reasons, we reserve the right to take steps to authenticate your identity before providing access to your personal data. Subject to applicable law, we may charge you a small fee to access your personal data.
If You Are Under 16 Years of Age
If you are under 16 years of age, please get the consent of your parent or legal guardian before you give us any personal data about yourself. Your parent or guardian should contact us at the email address below and provide us with their name, e-mail address, street address, telephone number, and any other identifying information that we may request. ASICS needs this information in order to verify that they have provided the necessary consent. We may follow up by phone or other means in some circumstances.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE, DO NOT CONTACT US OR PROVIDE US WITH ANY PERSONAL DATA UNTIL AFTER YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN HAS SENT US AN E-MAIL CONSENTING TO YOUR CONTACT AND PROVISION OF SUCH INFORMATION
Changes to the Policy
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or you wish to update your details or remove your personal data from our records, please inform us firstname.lastname@example.org